Friday 21 November 2014

My schedule for work is days they're asking me to work nights should my pay go up if I'm working nights I make right now working days 13.54 ...

Question

My schedule for work is days they're asking me to work nights should my pay go up if I'm working nights I make right now working days 13.54 a hour.



Answer

There is no law that says employers must pay an employer higher wages because they work nights. The law only requires an employer to pay minimum wage, which is $8.00 an hour in California. If you work more than 8 hours in a workday, or more than 40 hours in a workweek, you must be paid at overtime rates. But there is no nighttime premium.

You can ask your employer for a pay increase. But they do not have to agree to it.



Answer

That is entirely up to the company and you to work out. See what they will agree to, if anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment