Sunday 22 June 2014

My husband filed for divorce in August, 2008. I signed off on it, but he never paid for it (other than the original $50 filing fee) and he a...

Question

My husband filed for divorce in August, 2008. I signed off on it, but he never paid for it (other than the original $50 filing fee) and he agreed that he would pay for the entire divorce. I do not know where he is, I know he went to California for a while, but people say he has returned to TN. My question is can I somehow finalize this without paying the $800? There are no assets, property or children involved. I have seen ads for "cheap divorce" and wonder if this is the way to go, but I do not have an adddress for him, nor a phone number. I would appreciate your advice.



Answer

Do you know if he filed with the court the agreed paperwork you signed? If not, do you know where the original paperwork is? Without that in hand, you will have a long and somewhat costly divorce ahead of you. But if the agreement has been filed or can be located, then you can possibly still use it to conclude the divorce.



No comments:

Post a Comment