Wednesday 25 June 2014

If I have a medical recommendation from a doctor to quit my job is this "Good Cause" to obtain unemployment?I have been diagnosed with depre...

Question

If I have a medical recommendation from a doctor to quit my job is this "Good Cause" to obtain unemployment?

I have been diagnosed with depression due my work environment. I do not believe that transferring positions will be possible and believe that even if transferred my condition will worsen. If I have a doctors recommendation for mental health reasons to quit do I still need to request another position to attain unemployment benefits?



Answer

If you quit you are not qualified to apply for unemployment. Since your mental condition is caused by your job , I recommend that you file a claim for worker's compensation benefits and apply for state disability . You need a doctor's certification. I can assist you to send you to a worker's compensation doctor. Feel free to call me at 213-388-7070 for a free consultation.



No comments:

Post a Comment