Sunday 22 June 2014

I want to make a how to book based on a handy website I do not own. About 80 of my how to book is filled with screen snap shoots and explai...

Question

I want to make a how to book based on a handy website I do not own.

About 80% of my how to book is filled with screen snap shoots and explains how to operate this site and other similar sites to save time in your own life.

If I am grabbing the websites images and explaining how to use it will there be any legal issues.

Ideally I would like to contact this company to work out a click through advertisement on there own page and sell my ebook on there page.

So my question is do they have any legal ability to stop me?

Would it be wise to contact them before or after I launch the ebook?



Answer

It sounds to me as though it absolutely would be legally necessary for you to obtain (at least) written permission to do what you have in mind, and better yet if you can negotiate an actual collaboration where they assist you. So, I strongly recommend seeking out a dialogue with the producer and/or copyright holder of the Web site.



No comments:

Post a Comment