Sunday 22 June 2014

I received a subpoena/summons from Louisiana to appear as a defense witness in a felony case. I live in Los Angeles, CA. It is literally a h...

Question

I received a subpoena/summons from Louisiana to appear as a defense witness in a felony case. I live in Los Angeles, CA. It is literally a half sheet of paper that came in the mail. It was forwarded from my last address. Am I required to attend? Do I need to respond? Is it possible that they attempted to serve the summons in person but to my old address? There is no information on who I can contact other than the address of the courthouse and the name of the judge.



Answer

Do you have to? No. You were not properly served. Do you recognize the name of the defendant? If so, do you care about this person's case. The judge can tell you who the lawyer is.



No comments:

Post a Comment