Tuesday 24 June 2014

I rented my house and didn't realize there was mold in the house until I was having a professional carpet and house cleaner go to my house. ...

Question

I rented my house and didn't realize there was mold in the house until I was having a professional carpet and house cleaner go to my house. The tenant is now going to sue me for their deposit which I was giving to them because they have to move out. They want moving, storage, hotel and medical money. They have been there less then 2 weeks. What am I liable for.



Answer

Hard to say at this point, but if no further reasonable negotiation is possible, you would seem

well advised to arrange for a consultation with a local attorney who handles landlord-tenant

matters and preferably with experience in cases such as yours involving mold.



No comments:

Post a Comment