Sunday 11 May 2014

I'm in the process of buying a home, can I buy the home before my divorce is final? If not is there a form my husband can sign stating that ...

Question

I'm in the process of buying a home, can I buy the home before my divorce is final? If not is there a form my husband can sign stating that he has no interest in this property?



Answer

Hopefully you have an experienced divorce lawyer handling your divorce case. Your attorney is normally your best source of information about your case. I have handled hundreds of divorce cases in Michigan and I normally advise my clients to refrain from purchasing a new house while their divorce case is pending. It just complicates matters. Your case might be different somehow. Speak to your attorney about this. You can read more at:

www.MidMichiganDivorce.com



No comments:

Post a Comment