Friday 25 July 2014

I am currently on probation for possesion of marijuana under 2 oz. This past week I was arrested for drug paraphernalia, is there any way to...

Question

I am currently on probation for possesion of marijuana under 2 oz.

This past week I was arrested for drug paraphernalia, is there any way to get this dismissed even if I have already set out the time in jail? I plead no contest.



Answer

You have 10 days after entering a plea to appeal. You need to hire a lawyer IMMEDIATELY to appeal the paraphenalia case if you want to reverse the conviction. Be aware, however, that even if the case is reversed you could still have your POM probation revoked. The standard of proof for a probation violation is significantly less than required to obtain a conviction.



No comments:

Post a Comment