Wednesday 23 July 2014

Thank you Anthony Roach for your answer. The only difference is that I was NOT convicted nor arrested. I had to take a 3 month class from Pr...

Question

Thank you Anthony Roach for your answer. The only difference is that I was NOT convicted nor arrested. I had to take a 3 month class from Project Intercept located in Sonoma County, Ca. I completed the Completion of Diversion (CP 157).

At the bottom of the letter that was submitted to the court it states "We recommend that criminal charges be dismissed." If these charges are dismissed, why are they still showing up when an employer does a background check?

Can I actually see what the employer sees?



Answer

It sounds like you need to follow up with the court. It sounds as though you completed diversion, and the program gave a recommendation for dismissal. You need to see the court file at the courthouse and make sure the court actually dismissed the charges. The record of the charges will not get erased, but it should not count as a conviction. Private employers are not supposed to be digging around into arrests.



No comments:

Post a Comment