Monday 20 October 2014

I sold my car 8 months ago and sent the Releas of Liability to DMV withing the 5 days of sale. Now I just received a notice from the Police ...

Question

I sold my car 8 months ago and sent the Releas of Liability to DMV withing the 5 days of sale. Now I just received a notice from the Police Dept that they impounded the car for 30 days and I also got a notice from the Tow yard who towed it. I asked the DMV why am I still getting these notices, they said because the buyer never went to register and transfer it in their name, so now I am liable in getting the car out of the pound. My credit and even my license can be involved in these fines. So I did what was in my best interest, I went to get a release from the Sheriff office, and they approved me to go pick up my car from the Tow company, so now all of a sudden the buyer I had sold it to is harrassing me and accusing me of fraud, and taking the car from them, they never transferred it to DMV, nor they didnt even go and take the car out, since it wasnt in their name, I am the registered owner, and they were just noted as a new transfer but it was never processed, they didnt even had intentions of registering it, the guy has no license, and was driving all this time with my name, I need help, I dont want these peolple in front of my house day in day out!



Answer

Why would you pay to get a car you sold and had no legal claim on? You should have left it there. Now you will have to litigate or negotiate your way out of this. Offer to turn over the car to them upon payment of your cost to recover.



No comments:

Post a Comment