Wednesday 22 January 2014

I was caught shoplifting at walmart and they said they would send a fine in the mail, no police were called, but they took down my basic inf...

Question

I was caught shoplifting at walmart and they said they would send a fine in the mail, no police were called, but they took down my basic information, including SSN, and sent me off. Will this effect my permanent record or will I just pay the fine and it will be as if it never happened? I have no previous record and this was the first offense and they said my parents would never find out. How will this effect me?



Answer

If you were not arrested or charged for shoplifting, you still have no criminal record caused by the incident. You should learn from your experience and stop shoplifting. A shoplifting conviction will keep you from getting a job.

The store is entitled to a civil fine up to $500.00. Pay it upon demand and count your blessings.



Answer

Before you sign off on any "settlement" with the store, you want to be sure that you are not making any admissions that can be used against you later. For a small fee, I can review the demand from the store and advise you on how to proceed so you don't wind up with a criminal charges.

-Michael Roberts

732-247-3340



No comments:

Post a Comment