Wednesday 24 September 2014

I was fired from my job because of poor attendance. I was put on final notice for my attendance and at that time I had mentioned a Co worker...

Question

I was fired from my job because of poor attendance. I was put on final notice for my attendance and at that time I had mentioned a Co worker who was constantly late. My employer stated that that issue is being addressed. Since my final notice I had a few instances of Doctor ordered time off as well as mishaps leading me to be tardy. According to my final warning, at the first tardy or absence I should have been let go but was not. Also during this time the other coworker I had mentioned still continued to be late. On March 23rd I was seen by a physician and given an off work order for the following day 3/24/2015. When I came in on the 25th I was informed of my termination. So is my termination just if not all employees are held to the same rules?



Answer

Nothing requires an employer to treat all employees equally, by the same rules, or even fairly, as long as it does not breach a contract, and is not done as part of discrimination based on a protected classification such as race, religion or gender.



Answer

I see no basis for you to challenge your termination, based on what you wrote.



No comments:

Post a Comment