Wednesday 26 March 2014

What process is required to get approval to move with my children to another state if I am the custodial parent and the non custodial parent...

Question

What process is required to get approval to move with my children to another state if I am the custodial parent and the non custodial parent has not paid child support in 3 years



Answer

You need to take your current paperwork to an attorney to have it reviewed.

Not paying child support is not the same as not visiting the children.

Only after consultation with a family law attorney, can your question be answered.

If he is active in their lives and objects to the move, most Texas judges won't let you move.

But, if you can show that he is not "in their lives" and it is in the children's best interests to move, then you have a chance to get a modification.

I hope this helps.

www.familylaw4u.com

713-847-6000



No comments:

Post a Comment