Thursday 27 March 2014

Shop LiftingIn 1987 I was caught shop lifting, will this charge be on my record for the rest of my life, I am now 51 yrs. old. Spend less t...

Question

Shop Lifting

In 1987 I was caught shop lifting, will this charge be on my record for the rest of my life, I am now 51 yrs. old. Spend less than 2 hours in jail, bailed myself out & returned for arraignment, paid the charge. This is misdemeanor? Will this keep me from working with a bank, which I applied for.



Answer

Re: Shop Lifting

Yes. This conviction will be on your criminal history record for life. At present NM has no procedure for expunging [getting rid of] such records. As for employment problems, that is a matter for the policies of individual employers. Usually a misdemeanor won't kill a job, but the one you describe reflects upon your honesty and integrity, so don't be surprised if a particular employer finds it disqualifying.



No comments:

Post a Comment