Thursday 27 March 2014

I submitted my request for divorce default judgment and it was returned to me. The reason specified by the court is " All sole and community...

Question

I submitted my request for divorce default judgment and it was returned to me. The reason specified by the court is " All sole and community property listed in the Petition must be disposed of in the judgment". What does this mean?



Answer

Your judgment must reflect on what happened to all of the separate property and community property that you listed in the Petition. In other words, who got what?

BARRY BESSER

www.besserlaw.com



Answer

It means exactly what it says. You have sole and/or community property listed in the petition that is not provided for in the proposed judgment you have submitted to the court.



Answer

You need to pick up a copy of a good do it yourself divorce book and read the step by step instructions for a default. I recommend "How to Do Your Own Divorce In California" by Nolo Press.



No comments:

Post a Comment