Tuesday 26 August 2014

Hello, I have a son who is now 15 years old. His father is not on the birth certificate and we were never married but we have done genetic t...

Question

Hello, I have a son who is now 15 years old. His father is not on the birth certificate and we were never married but we have done genetic testing which prove him to be the father. We never established any kind of legal child support or visitations due to the fact that we were both students and he did not want anything to do with this issue at the time and I was to scared and naive. My son has lived with me the whole time and has never seen his father. Is it possible to ask for child support at this time? And it is it possible to ask for some back payments?



Answer

You can still file a lawsuit to obtain child support and any award may be made retroactive to the date you file the lawsuit. The father will have an opportunithy to obtain court ordered rights concerning custody.



No comments:

Post a Comment