Friday 3 April 2015

My son is almost 15 yrs old and tells me that he wants to come and live with me now (i am the father). his mom and i have joint custody, wit...

Question

My son is almost 15 yrs old and tells me that he wants to come and live with me now (i am the father). his mom and i have joint custody, with the mom having physical custody. what is the age that children can decide where they want to live, and what should my next step be in making it legal that my son can come to live with his dad. (my son currently lives in indiana and i live in ohio)

thank you for your time



Answer

More weight is given to the child's wishes when he is older than 14, but the child does not decide until an adult. You need to hire an attorney in the community where your divorce occurred to be ready to pursue this for you.



Answer

Your son's wishes will be a significant factor among others in determining whether a change in physical custody will be allowed by a judge. If she will not sign an agreed order to be submitted to the judge, you will need to contact a family law lawyer in the county where the original custody order was entered.



No comments:

Post a Comment