Thursday 23 April 2015

Getting a divorce. She in N.Y. at house in question, me in Missouri. She wants me to sign quit-claim deed so she can sell house and pay back...

Question

Getting a divorce. She in N.Y. at house in question, me in Missouri. She wants me to sign quit-claim deed so she can sell house and pay back Bank of America on mortgage. I want NOTHING, just the divorce. My concern here is an old friend with knowledge said I should not sign that quit-claim deed giving her authority to sell home as the Bank might not like that with my name on loan. I am 100% disabled Vietnam Veteran, do not have money to hire lawyer, currently paying off all credit cards SHE ran me up on in 5 yrs. of marriage. I would appreciate your help in what I should do, as I do not want to get into trouble with the N.Y. Sup. Ct. Judge dealing with the divorce. Would it be OK for me to sign and notarize the quit-claim deed ???



Answer

Really, you should get an attorney. Notwithstanding, the bank does not care if you sign a deed so long as you make full payment on the loan.

Mike.



No comments:

Post a Comment