Friday 27 February 2015

My wife and I have been seperated for almost 6 years while we were married we had one daughter together we had a mutual verbal agreement as ...

Question

My wife and I have been seperated for almost 6 years while we were married we had one daughter together we had a mutual verbal agreement as to child support. I was paying child support to her with nothing ever being recorded in the system our daughter is now 16 and is going to be living with both of us. One week with her mom and the other with me her mom is working as well as I am since we are not divorced and myself has been feeding her and clothing her most of the time now that she has decided to live with me and her mom am I legally obligated to pay child support? And if so would my child support decrease?



Answer

If there's no custody and support agreement in place that was signed by a court there's nothing to bind you. However, you could be opening up a can of worms.



No comments:

Post a Comment