Wednesday 19 February 2014

In 2001 i purchased a parcel of land with my then fiance with funds that we borrowed from my dad the land was put into her name alone as i g...

Question

In 2001 i purchased a parcel of land with my then fiance with funds that we borrowed from my dad the land was put into her name alone as i guess a sign of good faith , i had her sign a prommisary note saying that she would pay back my dad with interest in a reasonable amount of time, we havent paid him anything back on it now we are split apart and she is trying to sell the land, how can i stop this and how can i get the land back what options and prshe will pay mydaocedures must i do she is looking to dump it quick so she can get money that she has paid in taxs on it and if there is xtra she says she will pay my dad



Answer

You are in a somewhat difficult position. Does your dad have just a promissory note or is it secured by a mortgage on the property?



No comments:

Post a Comment